We've been here strengthening connections to God.
In 1888, eight local neighbors invited the White River United Brethren Conference to establish a Church in the area. During this time locals met in a small wooden schoolhouse. The original charter was signed with the Reverend M.L. Bailey as the first Pastor. In 1892 work began to construct a building to house the Church named Center Chapel. The name derives from the path from Muncie to Hartford City that ran through the section of land Center Chapel is on named Center Pike On October 2nd 1892 the Church was dedicated in it’s opening service by the Reverend D.D Darling, Bishop of the United Brethren Conference. In 1955, an educational wing was built on to the Church. It was part of a three phase building program. (Construction of a new educational wing and remodeling of the existing fellowship room and kitchen area, and the construction of a new sanctuary.) In 1962, work began to tear down the sanctuary and build the new one